Friday, July 11, 2008

Driving in the Waltham vicinity lost again

Sometime back in 2002 or 2003, I take a wrong turn and what do I happen upon, but this:





Oh, hi omniscient-looking bronze god head up there on that hill. Was in the neighborhood and just thought I'd stop by.

One of my favorite places in the world must be the DeCordova Museum Sculpture Garden. It used to be free, but now you have to pay to walk around the grounds (there is a wonderful museum and art school here too). Totally worth it. Even after the surprise of seeing metal sharks swimming in the pine trees above your head wears off, you will enjoy coming back again and again with your friends, your kids, your grandchildren, or maybe just yourself.

It is truly unique.

Oh, this installation by Nina Levy up on the roof of the museum in 07 was pretty cool too.




These lovely sculptures are both about 15 feet tall. My one year old was petrified.

No comments: